This tour features top attractions in Lhasa, the amazing capital city of the Tibet Autonomous Region. Enjoy a highlights tour that will take you to the top cultural sites in this holy city to appreciate the religious lives of the local people.
Visit the Potala Palace - the highest palace in the world
Praying Wheels in Jokhang Temple - the spiritual center of Tibet
Watch the famous Buddhist Debate in the Sera Monastery
|Today's Activities||Upon your arrival at Lhasa, our Tibetan local guide and driver will pick you up at Gonggar Airport or Lhasa Newwu Train Station, then transfer you to downtown hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to adapt yourself to the high altitude of 3,650 meters above sea level.|
|Travel Tips||Start taking anti-AMS medicines a week before your trip. When you arrived at the hotel, please be not so curious to walk much around the hotel, and all you need is a good rest in your room for necessary acclimatization, otherwise you may easily get mountain sickness. Besides, try to aviod catching a cold. And a first aid kit including aspirin, antibiotics and AMS medication is highly recommended.|
|Today's Activities||It believes that this day must leave a lifetime memory for your whole life. In the morning, you will visit the splendid Potala Palace, which originated from 7th century and once homed to Dalai Lamas. The Jokhang Temple, we head to later, as the spiritual center of Tibet, will deeply impressed you by its magnificence and sincere pilgrims. Barkhor street, hugging the jokhang temple, is regarded as the crowded central Market in ancient section of Lhasa, and at where you can buy various Tibetan or other minorities' souvenirs for your family and friends.|
1. Due to the popularity of Potala Palace and restriction on visitor numbers, perhaps it has difficulty on booking entrance tickets, so the visit of Potala Palace may shift to another day. But don't worry, we will make appropriate changes accordingly.
2. For the protection of this world-famous cultural heritage, the visiting time for Potala Palace is limited in 1 hour.
|After having breakfast, we will drive to the west of Lhasa about 11 km for visiting the Drepung Monastery, and which is one of the 'Three Great Monasteries' and the largest one in Tibetan Buddhism. Later that day, the next visit is Sera Monastery, the second monastery in Tibet. Distinctively its famous debating activities are holding around 3-4pm regularly every working day that you should never miss.|
|Travel Tips|| 1. It is a good idea to pack some food, snacks, and drinking water along your trip.
2. When you are in a monastery, please do not smoke, consume alcohol or make unnecessary noise; neither, do not touch, walk over or sit on any religious texts, objects or prayer flags.
|Today's Activities||After breakfast, you can enjoy free time till our driver and tour guide see you off at airport or railway station, and your Tibet tour ends. And hopefully it will leave you unforgettable memory.|
|Tour Package Includes:|
|Tibet Entry Permit & Tibet Travel Permit: providing for free before your arrival, free shipping to you, while excluding Air or Urgent Express||Admissions: Entrance fee to all scenic spots listed in itinerary|
|Tour Guide: a local experienced English-speaking guide||Car Driver: an experienced licensed driver|
|Vehicle: a private air-conditioned car, offering Round-trip transfers||Luggage Transfers: a hand for your heavy luggage;|
|Special Assistance: Local guide helps you to overcome any difficulty;||Government taxes & Service charges|
|Insurance: Travel Agencies Liability Insurance;|
|Tour Package Excludes:|
|- Other optional tours / meals / flights not mentioned in itinerary;||- Tips for tour guides and drivers.|
- For breakfasts, usually, the hotel reservations in large city include breakfast;
- For lunch and supper, you do not have to eat the same food every time in tourist restaurants; It means that you can choose your favorite restaurant to have a meal. And in Lhasa, wider choices that you can have relatively, like western food, chinese set meal or something else, but in other small city or town, you may face fewer options;
- In all, we will do our utmost to ensure your best dining experience in Tibet.
|Common Meals in Tibet Restaurant||Tibetan Sesame Lamb Chops|
(1) Buttered Tea : Buttered tea is the favorite drink of Tibetan people. It is made of boiled brick tea and ghee.
(2) Zanba : The staple food of Tibetan people is Zanba, a kind of dough made with roasted highland qingke barley flour and yak butter with water.
(3) Besides, Tibetan people prefer to eat delicious dry yak and cow jerky that you can have a try.
|Tibetan Buttered Tea||Tibetan Zanba|
We can provide you a chance to visit a local Tibetan family, here you can know more about local culture, customs and life condition of tibetan people.
Tibetan carpet is reputed to be one of the best three kinds of carpets in the world. Tibetan carpet is a symbol of the traditional Tibetan arts and crafts.
A good chance to touch this old art of Tibet. Spending hours in a day on the painting of a Thangka for yourself will be a precious memory in your life!
Tibetan Impression - Happiness on the Way is the first Tangka style song and dance epic in the world. It used to performance on Beijing Olympic and Shanghai World Expo.
Customer: Ms. Wendler
Destinations: Chengdu - Tibet